coruscation

Figured I'd post before the year ends.
Y'know, to round things out.
This time last year I was gearing up for a four month vacation in the sand (read: deployment). I didn't get to go home for Christmas/New Year's due to the uncertainty of when everyone was leaving for the deployment.
This year, I didn't go home for the holidays due to uncertainty of how my office was going to split things up. Normally, we get to choose which week of work we want off (Christmas or New Year's) and the other person works the week that you're off.
But since I'm in a new office with a new supervisor, this week kind of dragged on without any sort of plans being established. My supervisor apologized for the mishap (since, y'know, HE'S going on vacay next week) and gave me the next few days off, which I intend to use to catch up on video games and take care of little errands before the New Year.

I've been reading a lot about Japanese traditions lately and I came across the idea of the yamato nadeshiko, or 'the perfect Japanese woman'. She's kind and graceful, a somewhat tall woman with modest breasts and straight bangs. And while she's sweet and gentle, she's not without her iron will and won't let you trample all over her or the ones she cares about. Surprise, surprise, 'nadeshiko', is also the Japanese name for a particular wildflower:

If you recall there was another flower that I was intrigued by not too long ago. I'm discovering that I really like flowers. I guess, more accurately, I like the lore/mythology behind flowers. I think it's safe to blame it all on the story of Narcissus, who turned into a flower after staring at his reflection for too long.
Not that I want to turn into a flower or anything... but I definitely want flower tattoos.
I mean, don't even get me started on the lotus tattoo I've started dreaming about...

Yorumlar

Bu blogdaki popüler yayınlar

Exxxtrasmall Hyapatia Asia Vogeln Pussyrubbing

Smoking Vogeln Slow Naturals Morna

Adventures Lone Featured Cuminpussy Vagina